The Anteater's Review: Best Bytes and Beyond

Reviews of new and upcoming web hotspots and services.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

How to Fix Your Washed iPod Shuffle!

I thought I'd take a slight departure from my regular content to give a short and sweet "how to!" followed by my anecdotal account of how I came about gaining this wisdom.

Here's the HOW TO...
Simply put... if you wash your iPod with your clothes and it stops working, set it on the dashboard of you car for a day.

A couple of days ago I was putting on a pair of slacks for work when lo and behold... my iPod Shuffle drops from the pockets of my recently washed pants. I switched on the bac and tried pushing buttons but to my dismay, no lights came on. I was slightly depressed with the prospect of retiring the gadget after only half a year of use so I set it aside. Who knows... maybe the worthless piece of junk will be fun to take a part and fiddle with. At any rate... my wife was telling some of her students about my mishap and one mentioned that she had set her washed iPod on the dashboard of her dad's car for a day and it worked again. When my wife brought me this news that hope might not yet be lost, I thought I would give it a try. This morning I put my precious little iPod in a nice, comfy spot on my dashboard. When I returned to my car after a long day of work I, in the style of Charlie Bucket with the Golden Ticket, slowly switched on the back. I then gave the button a little click and WOOHOO! A light came on. I took my iPod home and plugged it into my USB drive... neither my songs nor my data were lost or corrupt! Moral of this story... A child's wisdom can remedy a lost cause.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger The Williamson's said...

Thanks... you saved my ipod!! It really worked!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home