The Anteater's Review: Best Bytes and Beyond

Reviews of new and upcoming web hotspots and services.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Karaoke Online with Ksolo

During the most recent of my regular visits to the Museum of Modern Betas I cam across Ksolo, a new social karaoke-ing (is that a word?) site. The service is definately one of a kind. Here you can listen to other members' renditions of popular songs or if you have a microphone hooked up to your sound card, record your own rendition. Since I'm a little microphone-shy, I put my rendition of "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins to the test "sans recording". Maybe if I keep practicing, I'll get up the nerve to record. I'll be sure to report back if I do. At any rate... after my "internet shower singing" I checked out a rendition of REM's "Losing My Religion" and "Sugar We're Going Down" by Fall Out Boy. Both were pretty good compared to the "William Hung-esque" version of Smash Mouth's "All-Star" by someone named Chad from Texas. It's what you would expect from karaoke night at a bar yet so much more. Stay tuned... I might be the next Ksolo Idol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home